If you’re in business, trying to get more business or looking for a new job, you are probably using Linked In. Facebook began as a social tool for university students and has great business uses, but Linked In was founded to help business people network. I’m finding many of my clients prefer the more formal and down to business atmosphere offered by Linked In. They’re also finding greater success in connecting with target clientele – especially in more high industries such as purchasing artwork, and custom designed homes.
But like Facebook and face-to-face networking, Linked In is all about connecting and sharing. Getting your business blog posts out to your Linked In following without a lot of extra steps is a great time saver. Let’s get started:
- First, go to your Linked In account (www.linkedin.com) and log in:
Note this is your personal profile not a business page
2. Next, you’ll want to edit your profile. In the navigation at the top, hover over PROFILE then click on EDIT PROFILE in the drop down menu.
3. Now, to add the application. Scroll down to near the bottom of the page. You are looking for the section called APPLICATIONS. Click on +ADD AN APPLICATION (it’s to the left of the title).
4. Under APPLICATIONS you’ll see a number of APPS to use. When you see the WORDPRESS APP, click on it!
5. To the right you’ll see APPLICATION INFO. Be sure both checkboxes are checked next to DISPLAY ON MY PROFILE and DISPLAY ON MY LINKEDIN HOMEPAGE. Then click on the blue ADD APPLICATION
6. Next you will need your RSS feed. Typically this is something like:
If you are still unsure, you can click on your RSS icon on your blog, and copy the address
7. Copy your RSS feed into the LinkedIn Application you opened in Step 5. Then click on SAVE
8. You should now see a page of your recent blog posts:
9. Double check your blog is functioning on LinkedIn by going to the navigation menu at the top of the page, hovering over PROFILE, and clicking the dropdown for VIEW PROFILE.